SERVICE SPECIALIST POSITION AT SUN SERVICE SPECIALISTS
a leading solar service company, locally owned and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina is seeking candidates for a Service Advisor position.
Sun Service provides high-quality solar energy system service, as well as proven energy saving products and services like energy storage, system monitoring, and EV Chargers. We have serviced hundreds of homes and businesses in the Carolinas providing customer service solutions based on the client’s needs.
We are looking for success driven, self-motivated, hard-working, team players who are seeking career opportunities with a young and quickly expanding company. Ideal candidates should have at minimum a base understanding of the NEC code book and OSHA PPE industry requirements. Be interested in becoming familiar with solar photovoltaic installation methods and eager to learn quickly. Own basic electrical hand tools. Be open to learning industry leading installation methods and processes.
Our company provides full benefits, company vehicle, and power tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SERVICE CONSULTANT
- Assist in the installation of photovoltaic equipment, electrical service equipment, wiring, and devices required for the installation of residential and light commercial solar PV systems.
- Participate in the installation projects as contracted and designed.
- Help team lead to obtain all required materials to complete assigned project, including renting special construction equipment.
- Learn the proper installation of required materials.
- Prepare and clean up job site
- Navigate roofs of all pitches and confidentially climb up ladders of all sizes
- Learn to ensure that all electrical work meets or exceeds current National Electrical Code as well as local jurisdiction requirements.
- Retain instruction from department Managers & Service Technicians
- Assist in troubleshooting PV systems as well as assisting in resolution of any electrical issues.
- Help ensure all projects pass jurisdiction requirements.
- Assist with electrical wiring of energy products
- Work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Additional duties may be required as needed
- Layout and installation of solar array and mounting hardware
- Be part of a positive work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the project.
- Navigate roofs of all pitches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Professional appearance and demeanor and communication skills.
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed.
- Strong work ethic and grit.
- Understand and adapt to new racking hardware or structural attachments quickly
- Understand job specific PPE equipment and OSHA standards
- 1 year of roof work experience preferred but not required
- General construction/framing experience is a plus
- Electrical experience is a plus
- OSHA 10 or 30 preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 100 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Ability to work in harsh environments such as, extreme hot and cold, crawl spaces, roofs, extreme heights.
- Ability to safely handle and maintain basic hand and power tools used for installation
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to work well others in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to handle 40-hour work week with overtime
- Must submit and pass a background check and drug test.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Sun Service Specialists has a mission to provide our customers with the best service possible and our profile is on the rise. We invite you to join us: Be a part of the growing clean energy movement!
If you are interested in applying for the Service Specialist, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Just like you maintain your other largest investments. Solar system maintenance will keep your system producing at its highest level.
Back up the energy that your solar system generates for a rainy day. Energy Storage keeps the lights on even when the power grid is down.
Adding more panels to your solar can boost your energy independence and decrease your monthly bill even further.
Removal & reinstallation of modules from roof for roof maintenance due to weather and/or other roofing damages.
Solar Panel Cleaning
Regular system maintenance and panel cleaning helps a productive solar system stay healthy and continue producing for your home.
We’ve Built a Reputation on
Honesty & Dependability…
Our Service Teams have been exceeding our Customers’ and Partners’ expectations for over 10 years.
Six months after our solar panel installation, a pack of young squirrels decided to set up home under them. Quick response by Joel Robinson (Service Manager) and Lauren Padilla (Service Advisor). They generated an on-site inspection and installation of “Solatrim” critter guards before any damage occurred. Great installation team, who showed up early and did a neat, clean and very effective job. No more potential squirrel problem – ever!
Lauren and the guys were amazingly professional and true experts in providing superb electrical work. They came, planned the work, sent me a reasonable and detailed estimate, and arrived on time and did a phenomenal job of wiring my garage for the Tesla Wall Connector. This was not a job I would have done by just anyone! Thanks for a great job!
A few months ago I had a EV charger installation done by a Sun Service tech (Renu at the time). Overall it was a very good experience. The technician was polite, seemed very competent, and answered all my questions. The charger is working flawlessly. He also tidied up the work site afterwards and left it cleaner than it was when he got there. Highly recommend!
Rock Hill, SC
Get in Touch
License #: L.34519
801 Pressley Rd. Suite 100- C
Charlotte, NC 28217
Hours Of Operation
Monday thru Friday 8 am - 5 pm