PV ELECTRICAL FOREMAN
PV ELECTRICAL FOREMAN AT SUN SERVICE SPECIALISTS
Sun Service Specialists, a solar service company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, is quickly expanding, and seeking candidates to fill multiple Service Specialist roles.
With the recent passing of the Inflation Reduction Act, the renewable industry has been electrified, and the opportunity for growth is limitless. Sun Service is one of the only companies in the region that provides support and solutions to existing solar, battery, and EV charger installations. Founded in 2021, with 20 current employees, we’re expanding rapidly and are seeking individuals looking for a career, not just a job. With this in mind, Sun Service offers paid training, competitive compensation, as well as a clear growth path within the company.
Sun Service provides full benefits, a 401k match, company vehicle, and power tools. We’ve also developed a program to get you started within the industry by partnering with our employees to provide ongoing training, certifications, tool purchase programs, and much more. The time has never been better to jump into this quickly growing industry, and what better way to do so than with a young, rapidly growing company.
The Electrical Qualifier/Foreman plans, installs and services commercial PV systems, EVSE and infrastructure, energy storage systems and data collection systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PV ELECTRICAL FOREMAN
- Review of site surveys and permit plan sets in preparation for installation;
- Assist with the estimation of needed materials and generation of bill of materials
- Perform and supervise the safe installation of solar electric system components to Code;
- Coordinate with PV installation teams and operations to provide an excellent customer experience and a quality installation.
- Review/Redline and confirm needed changes are implemented on electrical single line diagrams and equipment specifications to install high quality photovoltaic (PV) systems correctly and in an efficient manner;
- Insure that electrical teams are following project designs, requirements and best practices to ensure quality and code compliance;
- Oversee and ensure that technicians are maintaining an organized work truck and are maintaining tools/equipment;
- Ensure truck inventories are maintained and that technicians are advising of stock levels to warehouse and procurement dept;
- Provide guidance and assistance when upgrading existing electrical equipment and services on service job sites;
- Prepare job pack outs and job completion reports.
- An excellent attitude and a drive to problem solve;
- Valid state issued driver’s license, clean driving record and access to reliable transportation;
- Valid NC licensing board issued electrical license;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and an excellent work ethic;
- Ability to work on rooftops, ladders, attics, crawlspaces and confined spaces safely;
- Demonstrated ability to pick up and carry heavy objects;
- General knowledge of construction, building materials, workplace safety, fall protection, and OSHA 10 Hour training;
- Proven capacity to maintain a clean workspace and jobsite;
- Take pride in performing installations in a workman-like manner – for yourself, the client, and the company;
- Desire to learn and grow in a rapidly developing industry;
- Basic computer skills.
PREFERRED CANDIDATES POSSES:
- Documented OSHA 30 hour training;
- Direct solar PV experience with referrals;
- NABCEP entry level;
- Experience working with EMT, DC wiring, AC wiring and sensitive electronic equipment;
- Degree program or advanced certification education;
- Data networking skills and experience;
- An ability to provide excellent client service;
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- All candidates must pass a criminal background check and pass a drug screening.
Full Time Position
Salary: $55,000 – $85,000
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday – Friday
Supplemental Pay Types
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlotte, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
If you are interested in applying for the Service Advisor, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Just like you maintain your other largest investments. Solar system maintenance will keep your system producing at its highest level.
Back up the energy that your solar system generates for a rainy day. Energy Storage keeps the lights on even when the power grid is down.
Adding more panels to your solar can boost your energy independence and decrease your monthly bill even further.
Removal & reinstallation of modules from roof for roof maintenance due to weather and/or other roofing damages.
Solar Panel Cleaning
Regular system maintenance and panel cleaning helps a productive solar system stay healthy and continue producing for your home.
We’ve Built a Reputation on
Honesty & Dependability…
Our Service Teams have been exceeding our Customers’ and Partners’ expectations for over 10 years.
Rock Hill, SC
Get in Touch
License #: L.34519
801 Pressley Rd. Suite 100- C
Charlotte, NC 28217
Hours Of Operation
Monday thru Friday 8 am - 5 pm